MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Bambi's Mother LIVES


Always joked, "To this day, have never been able to watch the Walt Disney Movie BAMBI without crying when he loses his mother in the forest fire.   After watching this video, don't think that will be a problem anymore.  Then again, why bother seeing it again.  Without the loss, what was the struggle Bambi  overcame  / life's lesson learned?

Kinda reminded me of a scene with my mother all of a sudden screaming, hollering having enough of them, "GODDAMN FUCKING MOVIES," coming into her house. 

HBO cable was new thing in television. We hadn't had it very long. Was laying in a  bean bag, back in my sister's room, the only other T.V. in the house, watching a movie with Bert Reynolds, DELIVERANCE, when a scene happened where this hillbilly forced this fat guy to squeal like a pig.  It was several years later I learned he was being SODOMIZED.  Never occurred to me what I had just watched was......SEX.  Have never seen her pitch a fit like that when a woman got raped on HBO.  That's just wrong!


Anyway,  squealing like a pig is fun if done right.  God Almighty was I scared the first time.

No comments: