MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Consumer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Was recently admitted to Dekalb Crisis Center involuntarily.

Talk about a blue pill / red pill moment.

Was in and out in seven days...
and on the seventh day the doctor kept asking me:

"What are you in here for?"

He couldn't figure it out;
so he switched me over to voluntary and I was allowed to check myself out...
 if I didn't want to stay there any longer. 

I've already spent more than 24 hours trying to get a replacement battery for my hearing aid (twice getting an injection against my will for disorderly conduct); another 12 hours waiting without a battery for them to process the paper work for me to check myself out and arrange cab fare home.  I do not understand why they didn't just use the same three nice policemen who handcuffed me and brought me there in the first place. 


We were referred to as "consumers" instead of "patients" because we consumed limited resources...
 the middle aged white lady in red so flippantly aswered
(vast majority of workers were black men and women).
 SO REPUBLICAN!
 
 
 
Made me think of the two bumper stickers on the back of an SUV... 
 
 
On one side:

On the other side:
What a stupid
GOD DAMN BITCH...
that's a M.A.D.D. dog ain't it?!


There were a lot of good people among the staff and patients. 
Many bad apples among the staff as well.






Consumer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "In India, the Consumer Protection Act 1986 clearly differentiates a consumer as consuming a commodity or service either for his personal domestic use or to earn his livelihood. Only consumers are protected as per this act and any person, entity or organization purchasing a commodity for commercial reasons are exempted from any benefits of this act.[5] Furthermore, Indian case law has quite a few references on how to distinguish a consumer from a customer"


The "consumer" is the one who consumes the goods and services produced. As such, consumers plays a vital role in the economic system of a nation because in the absence of the effective demand that emanates from them, the economy virtually collapses. Mahatma Gandhi said a customer is the most important visitor in our premises. He is not dependent on us, we are on him. He is not an interruption to our work, he is the purpose of it.

There is increasing backlash from the public over use of the label "consumer" rather than "customer", with many finding it offensive and derogatory.

No comments: