MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Classes



Sunday Classes: "COVENANT CLASS
The Covenant Class, which meets in room 420, is composed of adult singles and couples and is led by Bob and Janet Gary. This is a group-centered experience in which members covenant to support each other’s journey toward mature faith as Christians. Confidentiality is maintained to facilitate personal sharing. All are welcome.

For more information, contact Bob and Janet at ggary@emory.edu."


***

"OH!  We're not that kind of Christian,"
said Janet the first day we met; that day a little old lady with white hair crossed over to my side of the street first, all excited having been approached by property developer offering  twice the market value of their home on the condition all seven consecutive lots her side of the street agreed to sell. 

Apparently a major adrenaline rush; me being the first person she saw as I was either working in my front yard or checking to see if any mail. Had lived in my house at last a couple of years before that day: There was a reason I did not approach them first!

"I'm gay.  I'm atheist,"
I casually interjected into our little chat.

In other words....
get back on your side of the street, stop wasting my time,  if a problem.

Bless their poor little hearts...
they sign on...
someone held out.

Now they are stuck with me as a neighbor who know a dirty little secret.


WHAT A COUPLE OF OXYMORON'S!

No comments: