MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wrath of the Titans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


"A son needs a father. I made a vow to Io."
~(Perseus)~

"I know, I know,
I was there delivering your son. 
You vowed to your wife you'd never let Helius wield a sword. 
That you'd live with him as a simple fisherman. 
Well, that's a fine game in normal times. 
But if you have power,
you also have a duty.
~(Teacher/Mid-Wife/Nurse)~

"Just fix my body...
"(woman)...and leave my soul to me."
~(Perseus)~


"Death was circling you. 
That was the last time I'll have the strength to chase it away. 
We have the power...
...between us to put on a little display
Like in the old days."
~(Hades)~

"So shall we finish?"
~(Zeus)~

"We have no weapons."
~(Hades)~

"We had power before we had weapons."
~(Zeus)~

"When we were young gods."
~(Hades)~

"Yes.
Let's go have some fun!"
~(Zeus)~



Wrath of the Titans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Wrath of the Titans is a 2012 American-Spanish fantasy film and sequel to the 2010 film Clash of the Titans. The film stars Sam Worthington, Rosamund Pike, Bill Nighy, Édgar Ramírez, Toby Kebbell, Danny Huston, Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson with Jonathan Liebesman directing a screenplay by Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson. Wrath of the Titans takes place a decade after the events of the first film as the gods lose control over the imprisoned Titans and Perseus is called once again, this time to rescue his father Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

Wrath of the Titans was released in 2D and 3D on March 30, 2012 in the United States. Despite widespread negative reception from critics, the film grossed $302 million worldwide.


***

This movie made me think of this print framed
of  
THE BROKEN FLOWER POT
 by 
Jan Verhas 
hanging in the guest bedroom, 
which I've designed the interior, 
with the female relatives of  mine in mind.

I've already long ago
 saw 
a parallel between this print 
with 
the story 
of
prepubescent
 Adam and Eve.

And the father (or mother) here unseen...
be
KRONOS.

Why can't the story just as easily be told:

"I forgive you, SISTER.
Can you forgive, ME?"
~(BROTHER)~

***



No comments: