MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Grace Hopper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The most important thing I've accomplished, other than building the compiler, is training young people. They come to me, you know, and say, "Do you think we can do this?" I say, "Try it." And I back 'em up. They need that. I keep track of them as they get older and I stir 'em up at intervals so they don't forget to take chances."


~("Amazing Grace")~

Grace Hopper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Grace Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906 – January 1, 1992) was an American computer scientist and United States Navy rear admiral. A pioneer in the field, she was one of the first programmers of the Harvard Mark I computer, and developed the first compiler for a computer programming language.  She conceptualized the idea of machine-independent programming languages, which led to the development of COBOL, one of the first modern programming languages. She is credited with popularizing the term "debugging" for fixing computer glitches (inspired by an actual moth removed from the computer). Owing to the breadth of her accomplishments and her naval rank, she is sometimes referred to as "Amazing Grace".   The U.S. Navy destroyer USS Hopper (DDG-70) is named for her, as was the Cray XE6 "Hopper" supercomputer at NERSC.

Hopper retired from the Naval Reserve at age 60, in accordance with Navy attrition regulations, with the rank of commander at the end of 1966. She was recalled to active duty in August 1967 for a six-month period that turned into an indefinite assignment. She again retired in 1971, but was asked to return to active duty again in 1972. She was promoted to captain in 1973 by Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr.

After Republican Representative Philip Crane saw her on a March 1983 segment of 60 Minutes, he championed H.J.Res. 341, a joint resolution in the House of Representatives which led to her promotion to commodore by special Presidential appointment.   She remained on active duty for several years beyond mandatory retirement by special approval of Congress.    In 1985, the rank of commodore was renamed rear admiral, lower half. She retired (involuntarily) from the Navy on August 14, 1986. At a celebration held in Boston on the USS Constitution to celebrate her retirement, Hopper was awarded the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, the highest non-combat decoration awarded by the Department of Defense. At the time of her retirement, she was the oldest active-duty commissioned officer in the United States Navy (79 years, eight months and five days), and aboard the oldest commissioned ship in the United States Navy (188 years, nine months and 23 days).
She was then hired as a senior consultant to Digital Equipment Corporation, a position she retained until her death in 1992, aged 85.

Her primary activity in this capacity was as a goodwill ambassador, lecturing widely on the early days of computers, her career, and on efforts that computer vendors could take to make life easier for their users. She visited a large fraction of Digital's engineering facilities, where she generally received a standing ovation at the conclusion of her remarks. During many of her lectures, she illustrated a nanosecond using salvaged obsolete Bell System 25 pair telephone cable, cut it to 11.8 inch (30 cm) lengths, the distance that light travels in one nanosecond, and handed out the individual wires to her listeners.  Although no longer a serving officer, she always wore her Navy full dress uniform to these lectures.
***


"the elderly retired couple living across the street"
+
"the elderly retired couple having to move"

It seems everyone is wanting to think I'm just some crazy nut job harassing my neighbors. 
And
I can't help but be amused how Bob and Janet Gary are then tagged on, 
emphasising,
just how crazy I am.
  
Along with knowing the complete history between me and the Gary's
as
neighbors,  
if only these people understood the difference
between 
the DVM degree of James E. Avery and the ThD degree of G. Robert Gary,  Sr..

My patients are considered either a luxury item or edible; yet I'm still expected to show proof of having met the continuing education hours/credit needed with each biannual renewal of my license in order to continue practicing veterinary medicine.  Also needing malpractice insurance.  The possibility even my license being revoked at any time. 

Even if not able legally practicing veterinary medicine anywhere, still always be James E. Avery, DVM;  retired or not.

But Bob Gary is first a preacher, then further training with emphasis on human psychology elevating him to the equivalent of a PhD which is a professional career.

Is it possible to be both at the same time?
If not,
then what's the difference?

"Far as I'm concerned,
ThD
is
still
nothing but literature...
ONE GOD DAMN BOOK!" 

Actually kinda funny,
how
Dr. Needly jumping up in his seat, 
bringing him to it's edge wholeheartedly in agreement. 
What should have been him being my doctor, was now instead,
me accidentally being his doctor having just caught a trigger of his.
 
Had returned to Georgia Regional Hospital, a few days later after being released, with a dozen roses and a grab bag of assorted colorful items thought might be cheerful gifts for the staff and other patients.   These gifts  were not a "thank you" from me in any way acknowledging them helpful.
 
Just my way trying to show an appreciation/understanding/sympathy ...empathy to the exact opposite. Was not allowed to take these flowers and grab bag to the unit where I was housed at Georgia Regional Hospital.  Instead directed taking them to staff office area where I handed them to Dr. Needly and briefly explained the reason for them.  Even place a funny little hat of tiger on his head causing two females staff members also present to laugh.

There was even this one pair of spider man flip flops I threw into the bag thinking of this one young black female nurse I observed as she mingled among the doctors and other staff members behind the Plexiglas window separating us "consumers" and them.  She seemed stressed.  Kept showing flareups of frustrations; one especially with Dr. Needly when these two spoke to each other.  Eventually seeing her grab what looked like her bag and personal stuff, looking in the direction maybe of a clock on a wall not visible to me,  even more stressed as she rushes out of sight.  Was this a single mother needing to pick up a child from daycare?  About the right time of the day.  These flip flops, as opposed to the colorful assortment of others, where sized for a small child.

"What are you here for?!"
~(Dr. Needly)~


 Personally got to meet Dr. Needly for the first time that very same day I watched this woman stressed and in a hurry; but him earlier that morning.  After being called into his office and us sitting at a desk, I watched him as he reviews 4 or 5 sheets of paper; becoming frustrated himself then slamming these papers down on top of his desk. This was on a Tuesday just after the Fourth of July.  This was the first doctor I met, finally, after spending seven day being worked through this system; no one having sat down with me and/or willingly discussing anything when if I tried.  I had good reasons becoming frustrated and intrusive at DeKalb Crisis Center causing them to transfer me to Georgia Regional Hospital where I sat out the whole weekend there just being watched by staff member; including that Monday, it being the Fourth of July, staff also at it's minimum.

Explained to him, best I could, my situation with the crystal meths addiction and how this started with me having done my own intervention.  How I was expecting, but severely underestimating, just how little support I was going to have helping me stay off the crystal meths.  How I was purposely trying to get arrested that day, even insisting the three cops reading me my Miranda rights before willing putting my cloths back on, trying to jump this wall of people I felt isolating me in my home.  Getting completely frustrated with all this one on one with everyone telling me to go get help; either not willing to hear what would help me stay away from and off the crystal or my own family refusing to understand why they just need to stay in Arkansas if not willing to help in any ways I suggest.  How my behavior that day first got involuntary admitted to Dekalb Crisis Center, although not exactly scripted,  was a little bit ideas from the series Harry's Law/little bit from the movie Life of David Gale.  Was thinking maybe could establish some sort of paper trail that was official/legal; able getting forcing everyone onto the same page.  I was expecting having a chance with the help of a public defender, maybe before a jury if necessary, explaining each and every action of mine that morning.  Proving how it wasn't really all that crazy.  Just at wits end.

He then switches me from involuntary to voluntary and tells me I can check out if I want to or stay there.  As my hearing aid battery went dead two days before,  and all I kept hearing from the staff that they were working on it, I requested to be checked out.  He said it would take a while for the paperwork to work through the system and later that day before a cab would take me home.  And that was the end of two until coming back with the flowers and roses.
 
The health care system this end of DeKalb County nothing more than a system the best able figuring out helping the most "consumers" possible on the budget allowed.
In other words, 
this system has an "acceptable failure rate" built into it. 

And through my own experience,
twice DeKalb Crisis Center/trice Georgia Regional Hospital,
my impression of this rate has me believing an alarmingly high one. 
Not only do I feel sorry for the "consumers" as we were called instead; surely it has to be depressing, in addition to the stress,  for so many of the people staffing a system set up this way.  

And I don't blame them. 

The African Americans working here, I'm sure, are believing themselves hit twice.
And I began to see in place,
a system within a system trying to keep this is check as well. 
Able seeing,  how even this systems set up for the safety of the doctors as well as the consumers,
might have the effect of feeling hit trice;
a gag order if wanting to keep their jobs.

And this goes even for the doctors.

"I am my own patient"
~(Black Female Staff DeKalb Crisis Center)~
 
Had asked this woman about the shoes she was wearing; commented on how the top straps made them look an awful lot like she was wearing ankle monitors.   She smiled slightly as she said this, then quickly back to behaving as if I wasn't even there. 

"MY GOD!
 IT'S BORING SITTING IN HERE ALL DAY LONG LIKE A CAGED ANIMAL.
 A LITTLE CONVERSATION WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE...HELPFUL."
~(Simple Jim: One Pear, Total Pig, Anti-Christ)~

Had already observed this woman many hours that first day as I set DeKalb Crisis Center triage unit with them observing us "consumers" from the other side of Plexiglas windows as each them went about their job responsibilities.

Nobody was telling me anything. 
Never knowing what we were waiting for, what they were expecting of me, what came next...
 enough to drive anyone crazy.

Compared to this woman's general demeanor as she worked both sides of these windows,
my presumptive diagnosis would be this woman having learned to cry by smiling.

Being the veterinarian I am,
trust me....
the system set up this end of America's health care center in general
is
closer to being that
of 
HERD HEALTH MEDICINE as opposed to QUALITY  PERSONALIZED MEDICINE.
My impression  of G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD,
now,
him being nothing more than a preacher trained to sound like
a
PROFESSIONAL QUACK.
 
He's trained in human psychology; his emphasis being more on organizational theory than personalize medicine. 
And it's becoming extremely apparent to me,
even willing to use this same training unfairly protecting his own interest...
priorities.
The exact order of these priorities I do not know. 
But my first guess would be his pride/ego before even his own church.

He knows exactly how him and his wife have wronged me.

By refusing to be a man and discussing anything with me,  he's proving himself to me to be no Christian at all.  Far too focused on his reputation related to his professional career, he's lost his moral compass as a preacher who's suppose to love his neighbors the same as Jesus loved us.   I'm beginning to wonder just exactly what is his definition of a neighbor?  I'm beginning to believe it's definitely not the kind living across the street from each other.  More like the kind that attend the same church.
 
"That is my wife."
~(G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD)~
It's already my impression he's ready for his wife to go;  the one who's main job responsibility was maintaining their household's stereotypical Christian appearance as he slithered about like a snake working out compromises that function nothing more than mostly keeping organizations,  and I'm assuming this to be his church, intact as much as possible if not able growing them in size.  Churches themselves are competing against each other for a limited resource; the Methodist Church, at least in America, seems to be losing out to the more traditionalist conservative churches.

How the fuck this having anything to do
with
"being in God's service"
when 
size comes before context.

And now his wife, just a simple secretary, has placed them in a predicament having had their household and his name being associated with someone should have been shunned from the very start.  I would have been perfectly content shunned from the very start as well.  But most definitely not allowing them getting away with the use of perniciousness and prevarications accomplishing this.
"Someone else secretary."
~(Janet Claire Segers Gary)~
 
Found it funny how Janet felt important, as an afterthought, quickly adding this little bit of information when just telling me they were both retired from Emory; Bob with Candler School of Theology and herself  a secretary.

With a man of Bob's statue, wives as ex-secretaries are usually much younger.
 
And he's probably angry with her for getting them into this situation with me just being the first one introducing themselves to me one day;  then Janet continuing to be my only friendly neighbor since.

"He scared my wife."  "He scared my wife."  "He scared my wife."
~(G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD)~

But she's the one actually having me believing she was a good person by the kindness she showed me in spite of this man being her husband; at least until the first day concurring with Bob against me and ever since.

Since then,
Bob's been parading around as if believing himself now "Testosterone Bob" with them swivel up old balls of his. Acting as if it's me we are physically  protecting Janet from harm when I feel pretty sure it's actually Janet who's letting him use her age and Parkinson's disease hiding himself behind.

If you haven't noticed,  they didn't move far.  It's not me physically causing them to be afraid.
Also,
not only is he still working,
his association/reputation/networking with Emory University still goes with him whatever he's doing even if retired from Emory University.   And the the wife to a man of Bob's statue, especially that of a preacher, never gets to retire even if herself a retire secretary.
But she's still working herself as far as I'm concerned...
with Glenn Memorial United Methodist Church and maybe Georgia Regional Conference. 

If they can both still drive their own cars...

If they are still voting...
 
 If they are actively participating in helping shape this world we live; right up until leaving us behind having to deal with the the consequences of their actions long after they are gone...

Then I should have every right not having to let them get away so easily with that part of their brain.

Their age and her Parkinson's disease
 are issues I will not allow them taking advantage unfairly against me


Again,
Bob's trained in human psychology;
his emphasis being more on organizational theory than personalize medicine. 

And it's becoming extremely apparent to me,
even willing to use this same training unfairly protecting his own interest...
priorities.

I'm just a "C" average veterinarian.

Bob is considered to be top of his game.

So what possible threat could I be to them?

These two are certainly no
"AMAZING GRACE."
 
***
 
 
YouTube video I did Christmas 2010,
shortly after this whole mess started.
 
Had forgotten about it until recently trying to upload a video about "stammering."
 
Supplemental Reading:
 
 

No comments: