MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Beastly (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



"BEST EMBRACE THE SUCK."


Beastly is a 2011 romantic fantasy drama film loosely based on Alex Flinn's 2007 novel of the same name. It is a retelling of the fairytale Beauty and the Beast and is set in modern-day New York City.


Plot

Kyle Kingson (Alex Pettyfer) an arrogant and vain son of a wealthy news anchor Rob Kingson (Peter Krause) bullies Kendra Hilferty (Mary-Kate Olsen) who magically transforms handsome Kyle into a bald, tattooed and scarred shell. If he does not find someone who loves him by the next spring he would remain in his ugly state forever. Kyle is taken to live in a private house with their maid Zola (Lisa Gay Hamilton) and a blind tutor Will Fratalli (Neil Patrick Harris). Both are a comfort to Kyle when his father begins to neglect him.

Design

In his role as Hunter, Pettyfer's appearance was altered with heavy makeup and prosthetics. Hunter's appearance differs from the description in the novel; he has no fur or fangs. Pettyfer was pleased with the revision; he said, "I was very happy to know I wasn't going to be furry. Question is, were you happy I wasn't furry? Well, I think the audience will be happy. This beast make-up is phenomenal. You're talking to someone who is a fanatic about it [prosthetics and movie make-up] and I've never seen anything that looks remotely similar to this."

The makeup consisted of 67 pieces; seven pieces went on his head and 60 tattoos and individual scars were applied after the full-body makeup. The facial prosthetics and tattoos took almost three hours to apply and the full body makeup took the artists six hours to finish. About his transformation, Pettyfer said, "It really affected me because as soon as I shaved my head it kind of put me in this weird place, the same place [Kyle is in after his transformation] which really helped me with the role a lot. But at the same time, it kind of is a challenge because you are fighting personally with your own problems off set, but then onset you have a great resource to go to."

***
 
O BLING
 
Just yesterday I went downtown to the Army/Navy surplus store on Preachtree Road to have a set of dog tags made to replace a set lost 2-3 years ago.
 
After confirming over the phone they were able to make them,  jump into my JEEP Wrangler and on my way.  As I turn left onto Houston Mill road from Mason Mill road, found myself behind a car with a license plate reading:
 
"O  B-L-I-N-G".
 
Smiling. 
Sorta laughing. 
Kinda feeling strangely uncomfortable at the same time.
Began  wondering.
 
By the time I reach the store, changed my mind.
Instead of the replacement dog tags reading the same as previous dog tags,
had them substitute
"G. D. Atheist"
with
"Positive Atheism"
as
I have already begun viewing...
 
 negative integers
as
the past,
 
"0" integer
as
the present,
 
and
positive integers
as
what's left 
of
the future.





With our circle of lives being pulled through the
"0" integer.



The other tag remaining unchanged:
 
HOMOSEXUAL
FAGGOT
QUEER
PROUD



No comments: