MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

LAW OFFICE OF DAVID N. LOCKHART, LLC - Home

 




LAW OFFICE OF   

DAVID N. LOCKHART, LLC

LAW OFFICE OF DAVID N. LOCKHART, LLC - Home: The Law Office of David N. Lockhart, LLC is a general practice firm dedicated to providing competent legal services, results and prompt reporting.








COUNTY CITATIONS
REGARDING 
VIOLATIONS OF ORDINANCES
REGULATING SIGNS




Election to Forgo Representation








Sat, November 17, 2012 1:59:55 PM

Election to forgo representation

From:
James Avery
Add to Contacts
To: david@lockhartlawoffice.com


November 17, 2012
Law Office of David n. Lockhart, LLC
519 Forest Parkway, Suite 260
Forest Park, Georgia 30297


Dear Mr. Lockhart,


Thank you for letting me know in writing your intention to forgo representation. Although not unexpected, receiving your letter was.

I read it with amusement, finding the prevarications eerily similar to the email in which George Robert Gary, Sr. ThD and his wife Janet concurred against me. Although both for the most part factually correct, it was the omissions that caught my attention.

Yes, you are correct that I insisted on no out-of-pocket expenses; that I was only interested in representation if taken pro bono. Instead of discussing actual costs of litigation, such as the filing fee required by the court and the service fee the marshal would charge to serve the action upon the defendant(s); you expressed only your expectation, if accepting case pro bono, any check(s) Dekalb County wrote reimbursing me for attorney fees be signed over to you.

To which I replied, "not a problem as I was not in this for the money."

You have probably already noticed that I've posted your previous letter on my blog www.twistedpurplecow.blogspot.com. Will do the same with second letter as well as posting this email along with them. I'm learning how the system works the hard way, and using the blog as more of a journal/diary on a public forum.

"Those with a surplus are better able to control their circumstances. Those without are control by them. One is not always in a position to exercise good judgment."

"A truly virtuous man would come to the aid of a distant stranger equally as he would a close friend. Then again, a truly virtuous man would have no friends."


"Experience is nature's cruel way of giving the test first, then the lesson."

It seems my experiences are trying to teach me to stop being so honest as so few people are; more interested in avoiding the truths rather than facing them head on and letting the chips fall where they may.

As I'm certain my feud with the Garys is seen as a huge embarrassment to Emory University and the Glenn Memorial United Methodist Church located on Emory's campus, would not be surprised learning someone representing their interests has contacted you. I do not fully understand their insistence of seeing me as a foe to be avoided at all cost rather than meeting with me to discuss our differences? What dark secret(s) is it I posses that frightens them so much? I'm certain it reduces down to nothing more than pure bias. I'm gay, atheist, as well as recovering crystal meths addict. As crystal meths addiction is an addiction all other addictions look down upon; that being the toughest part getting people to see past.

Anyway, what have I learned from our dialogue exchange:

Surprisingly new perspective on what it means when a lawyer agrees to take a case pro bono. Up until now, always understood it to be a positive reflection of a lawyer's moral character. Now led to believe maybe just another example where, "doing the right thing for the wrong reason(s) having no moral worth." Suppose I should not conclude with that opinion until seeing the size of that check.

Also reminded of something I've almost forgotten; but known since high school. Yes! You are correct! Federal laws do supersede any state laws and local ordinances where they conflict. Thank you for reminding me of that! Will be sure to take readings from Supreme Court's 8-1 ruling regarding Rev. Phelps' Freedom of Speech Rights with me November 27th.

Sincerely yours,



James Edward Avery, DVM


FYI

Sec. 21-23. - Nonconforming signs.

(c) Illegal signs must be removed within thirty (30) days of notice from the county.



No comments: