From: James Avery
To: Janet Gary
Tues. August 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Mrs. Gary,

I apologize for the stress I've put you through; but the truth.......I was thrown for a loop the way you started concurring with Dr. Gary after that Thanksgiving visit.  From my perspective, Thanksgiving was just a coincidence.  Since you felt the need to justify inviting someone into your home that made you uncomfortable even before I stepped foot in  your home; want to remind you it was the Puritans who burned witches at the stakes also. That was neither clever or fair.

Yes.  I do have a crystal meth addiction.  To buy and sell crystal meth is illegal.  To have a crystal meth addiction is not illegal. Addictions are very common in the gay community, especially with the men (sex, alchohol,and....yes... recreational drugs of which cyrtal meth is just one of many).  For some reason crystal meth has a different effect with me than most men.  It is a speed only, which at first was not a problem, just a pick-me-up before going to work after a party weekend (Hotlanta, New Orleans Halloween, New Orleans Southern Decadence, Chicago International Men of Leather...queen in leather is still a queen/very miliary theme also......Birmingham Rites of Spring, Miami White Party, New York Black Party....leather again, San Fransico Folsom Street Fair, etc. etc. etc.).  Eventually  it got to where I couldn't go anywhere without it; chanced gettting caught flying back to Arkansas for my two neice's weddings.  Never drugged tested at work either which would have been a felony and lost of my license to practice.  I can stop doing it, but crash for 2-3 weeks; then depression sets in not because of work but because no social network inside or outside of veterinary medicine threre for me when I come off the drug.  Don't let the illegal part confuse you.  I've always had a colorful language within the gay community; which they didn't care much for either. 

Too late fore me to try to start my own clinic staff with people of my choosing.    I realized I had to do my own intervention.  I was actually waiting for Dr. Gary that day.  You said he would be there in an hour and that you two were equal head of household.  It was apparent to me that Dr. Gary was only being civil to me because you opened the gate to our little neighborly chat. I knew you were a Christian wife; just didn't know if Dr. Gary was a good  doctor or a bad doctor........think Dorothy.....lol. That;s why I went back to get the painting and the rubber duckies......so we could have more to talk about as I was waiting for either Rev Bob or Dr. Bob or just liberal Bob.

Right now.....Dr. Gary is the one I'm pissed off at.....not you...although it may not sound that way. Bob may not have realized....he concurred also with my mother against me over the cellphone. On one of my phone calls with my mother I ask, " Am I correct in believeing you've spoken with Mrs. Gary?"  My mother answered back almost excited," YES I HAVE!  HIM TOO!" My mother said you had nothing but nice things to say about me;  she thought Bob was a DICK.  She took it like a compliment; yet she doesn't want her son to be gay still.   Now I can't turn her off!

Is there a Men's Bible Study Group at Glenwood Memorial Church I could sit in on just to see what mature Methodist Men discuss.  I do consider myself mature Methodist as far a Christians are concerned.  I was born into a Methodist Chruch and without realizing it.....was calling myself atheist before I graduated Prescott High School.   Brother Walthal didn't correct me...in fact he stumbled.... when I answered his question: "Why believe in God?"  No wonder no one suggested I be baptised.  Would you be upset if I attended a few Sunday sermons....I do have a suit?
Was okay with what the Baptist preacher said when he married my eldest neice to the baseball coach.  Not sure what kind of preacher married the younger one to the campus policeman. Couln't hear a word he said. He was cute though; seemed in a hurry to leave the wedding with his cute girlfriend also.