MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Monday, November 4, 2013

FIRST IN HOME HIV TEST


When traveling 
from 
POINT NEGATIVE to POINT POSITIVE 
on 
a train called 
CASUAL SEX,
one must first stop at a place known 
as 
DON'T KNOW in order GETTING TESTED;  
how then, 
after 
GETTING TESTED,  
one 
able getting back 
to 
POINT NEGATIVE 
from 
this place known 
as 
DON'T KNOW,
when
traveling a train 
called 
CASUAL SEX...
only
ONE WAY TICKET?


I can honestly say that I've never tested 
POSITIVE.

The decision to assume I'm 
NEGATIVE 
is 
yours alone.

Same thing said a different way...

I will not go 
beyond 
a level of risk I'm comfortable with;
will not go 
beyond 
yours...
 if 
YOU DON'T LET ME.


 
Have never held back the information that I live a very promiscous alternative lifestyle.
  
Never willing answering anyone's question asking me my HIV status; instead, telling them date and result of last testing.  
 
So sad,
how so many felt I was holding something back, trying to be misleading. 
 
How I refuse answering with an outright,
"NEGATIVE." 
 
They way they all do.

Over the course of my gay lifetime, had two people so certain I was the source of their HIV infection.
Will never forget the looks of disappointment on their faces when my followup test came back NEGATIVE.

 Even reported anonymously once to the Health Services as the source of  someones HIV infection as well as their syphilis.  

When this  female making this call from the Health Service first told me I had been reported to them, laughed while commenting being surprised this call didn't happen much sooner.  Then becoming angry learning I had to be tested and couldn't be tested anonymously this round of tests, as the results had to be reported to them; same time refusing to name this person reporting me just so I could verify we did indeed have sex.

Well...
long story kept short,
this person ended up being shamed having to point out someone else as the source of  his HIV and syphilis infection; as well as, suspicion/doubt hanging over him now as to why he wasn't also testing POSITIVE for Chlamydia by me.
      
The Georgia law makes it a felony to have sex without disclosing you are HIV positive.  It does not take into account whether the other partner asked about HIV status, whether a condom was used, the relative risk of the acts performed or whether the other partner contracted HIV.

The USA and Canada lead the world in the number of prosecutions and convictions related to HIV prosecutions.

In terms of the law, it doesn't matter if you did disclose - how do you prove you did?

There are 37 states, including Georgia with criminal statutes on HIV transmission,  according to Lambda Legal.  Sentences range from no more than three years to no more than 10 years.

Definitely believe theses laws are wrong, wrong, wrong!

As apposed to BALANCED,
just another example supporting...
TRAGIC VISION OF HUMANKIND,
instead.





No comments: