MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Giffords 'hero' intern springs into action after shooting - CNN.com

Giffords 'hero' intern springs into action after shooting - CNN.com: "'My main thing was just to keep her as alert as possible and just keep trying to interact with her. ... The entire time I was with the congresswoman, she was still responding,' Hernandez said. 'She was obviously in a lot of pain, so I let her know to squeeze my hand as hard as she needed to.'
She 'was my first and only priority,' Hernandez added later in a CNN interview. I was 'trying to take care of her emotional needs' and 'keep her calm.'
After the ambulance arrived, Hernandez rode with her to the hospital.
As details emerged about Saturday's shooting and its aftermath, praise poured in for Hernandez's role.
'I just really think he's one of the heroes here, because I think it's possible that his swift thinking and his training is what saved her life,' said state Rep. Steve Farley of Arizona."

No comments: