MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

BAD CHAPTERS AS PART OF OUR STORY: "NOW THIS ONE GETS MY APPROVAL!"




11 comments





Jim Ed Avery
May 29, 2014
+
1
2
1
 
Edit
now this one gets my approval. 















Franchesca Pena
May 29, 2014
I want you to know, I offer no judgement on the way you choose to live. I LOVE YOU IN SPITE OF, I TRULY DO. GOD BLESS YOU.





Glynnis Groves
May 29, 2014
+
1
2
1
Mamma u on a roll. Keep it up. See I told u. Keep on posting my sexy lady. Love u bunches. Oooh. Sound like dragon lady now. Love u lots. Toodles










Glynnis Groves
May 29, 2014
+
1
2
1
Good my friend. So proud of u. 





Franchesca Pena
May 29, 2014
Hey AngelFer, my book began a while back, just another chapter lol










Jim Ed Avery
May 29, 2014
+
1
2
1
you guys have lost me here...?  mind translating this coded sassy talk into one this gay redneck-looking-but -ain't-whitey-peckerwood  from Arkansas might understand?





Franchesca Pena
May 29, 2014
Now this is kinda like a girl thing we been talking about, it goes a little bit back.
Add a comment...
*** 



The following  rhyme is one of the best known and most popular in the English language. 

The most common modern text 
is:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. 


All the king's horses
 

(they shoot horses don't they)~(6!9)~(my mother's favorite)


 all the king's men

  

 

Couldn't put Humpty together again.

The earliest known version was published in Samuel Arnold's Juvenile Amusements in 1797, 
with the lyrics:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
Four-score Men and Four-score more,

Could not make Humpty Dumpty where he was before.
A manuscript addition to a copy of Mother Goose's Melody published in 1803, which has the modern version with a different last line: "Could not set Humpty Dumpty up again". It was published in 1810 in a version of Gammer Gurton's Garland as:

Humpty Dumpty sate  on a wall,
Humpti Dumpti  had a great fall;
Threescore men and threescore more,
Cannot place Humpty dumpty as he was before.
In 1842 James Orchard Halliwell published a collected version as;

Humpty Dumpty lay in a beck.
With all his sinews around his neck;
Forty Doctors and forty wrights
Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty to rights!


Simple!

In 
the middle of every lies...
DIFFICULTIES!

Or
opportunities.

It does not necessarily mean, 
anger... 
in one's spirit.


I can't help but be frustrated that everyone is behaving 
as if
 an asteroid is heading toward earth and no one wants to talk about it.

"Anti-Christ" 
does not necessarily have to be translated into meaning
 "Anti-Jesus"!

It can mean what anyone wants it to mean; as long as it makes sense.


Humpty appears 
in
(1872), 
where
 he discusses semantics and pragmatics with Alice.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all." 

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything,
 "theory"
so
 "relativity"
after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again.

"love" 

"They've a temper, some of them—particularly verbs, they're the proudest—adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs—however, I can manage the whole lot! Impenetrability! That's what I say!"



The Flower Kings:

Love Is The Only Answer



I was there in the beginning, I will be the last to leave
And I'm moving thru the ages with the comfort of 'God's speed'
There is no such thing as perfect, so I might apologize
That I didn't see the darkness in your eyes

I'm a man with many colours, I'm a man of many names
I'm a rebel and a teacher. I am no one just the same
If I give away the answers, you have questions put on hold
But I didn't see the weakness in your soul...
Love is the only answer – Love's what you feel
In the end you can invest in love but never ask for payback

I've been traveling every roadside. I've been sailing every sea
I've been circling like an orbit around that cosmic Christmas tree
You think science is a fact, but it's just a childish game
Cause they never saw the greatness of the game.
In the end you can invest in love but never ask for payback

So craziness begin, on a cold rail straight to hell
There are 10 more rounds to go, we're just waiting for the bell.
Not much time for smalltalk now, besides the hammer & the nail
Bring out the monsters from the shadows - 't never fails
-"Where did all the goodness go? - I feel alone"
"Suddenly they're just crawling out like from under a stone"

Love is the only answer – Love is what you feel
In the end you can invest in Love – but never ask for payback - no Jack

Look when you stand on the brink of that dark hole
It's like the world just collapsed in this space.
If you look for a trace of redemption – You're not likely to find it in this place

I've always looked for good in everybody. I've seen so many places under the sun.
Now – bail me out or let me down. It's just you and me and time
I'm a king who lost his crown. I bid you bread and wine!


This song is performed 
by
and 
appears on the album 


I always hoped that love was in your eyes. Now what a sacrifice to find out if I was right.
Now bail me out or let me down. It's just you and me and time.
I'm a king who lost his crown. I bid you bread and wine!

Where did all the goodness – where did all the Love go?
Where is all the kindness – can love find a home?
First you build me up – then break me donwn
I don't want your money – I just want your time.
World is getting older now! World is getting colder now!
Egos getting bigger – It's a playground for the wicked!
No one is really listening - No room for the reasoning!
The cash-mashine just opened up it's jaws & now it's giggling.

Look when you stand on the brink of that dark hole
It's like the world just collapsed in this space.
If you look for a trace of redemption – You're not likely to find it in this place

I was there in the beginning. I will be the last to leave
You've been told so many times before that the truth will set us free.
But still you fabricate your dreams – upon greed and lust and fame.
Bring shame upon your name – it's so damn hard to elevate.
If I speak to you with clarity and read me back alright.
So many words may go like shafts of light – Into the darkest night.
There's no way out of here!



"MOTHER!
Isn't the way the way the world...



IS,

(David Densen , Donna Gail Avery-Devine)

(Betty Jo Wolfe-Avery, James Edward )

(KING DAVID)

NOTHING-MORE-THAN-THE-SUM-OF-ALL-OF-US?






IF I DO IT YOUR WAY,











can't 
help but feel I'd be leaving the world a worse 
place 



than 
I've entered it"





:MALE}


{FEMALE:

 ANTI(?)pray for the human(?)KIND 





Dear Franchesca Pena,

By your standards, I've been blatantly disrespectful to my Arkansan family as well to the point of having to finally disown my mother as the surviving matriarch whose philosophy is "LOVE STRONGER THAN JUSTICE" as opposed to "INJUSTICE ANYWHERE is INJUSTICE EVERYWHERE". 

 Another way of saying the same thing, 
"They don't care how educated a black man (gay man); still a "NIGGER" ("FAGGOT")." 

 And we are talking Barack Hussein Obama here; the part in parentheses is extrapolation.

"Oh he's Muslim (jew/homosexual/woman). 

 "You lie ("Sand Nigger in the White House with a Camel Habit")!" 

 "Elitist (They don't care how educated a black man is either; still a NIGGER)!"

 "Drill, baby, DRILL (MONEY MONEY MONEY MAKE THE WORLD GO AROUND, THE WORLD GO AROUND)!" 

"YOU DON'T THINK GAY RIGHTS AND CIVIL RIGHTS ARE THE SAME THING DO YOU ( and that "ONE DUMB FUCK" black male veterinary technician twice my size and less than half my age somehow forgot the veterinarian owner of the clinic I was relieving for that day was a white lesbian who felt safer living in a black neighborhood with her partner than living in a redneck neighborhood/ and you guys are worse in general to your own black male homosexuals than us white people))?!" 

"HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I CALLED YOU A FAGGOT( "I do not need to hear you, to know you already...HAVE!")?!"

 And all it took provoking Terrell into the last of our words exchanged that day was: 
"Alright! I'm getting close to using that "N" word." 

 I had already given up trying to explain why gay rights and civil rights were the same thing. He absolutely refused hearing anything all my attempts trying. As angry as I was with him, this wasn't what provoked me into threatening my use of the "N" word; it was his flippant continued disrespect he showed toward me as the veterinarian... HE... had to work with the REST OF THAT DAY. 

 When a dog was dropped off for boarding, I automatically tried returning back to working with this dog before it was taken back to the kennel.  This was not my first civil debate flare up; nor was Terrell even conscientiously(?)party to the conversation I was having with someone else working with that day until he overheard something(?)becoming the THE(?)MOST(?)DISASTROUS(?)CIVIL(?)DEBATE of my lifetime??? 

 It would have been simple explaining had he let me shown him the difference between "gay civil rights" vs. "gay rights" and "civil rights" vs. "black civil rights".  

Civil rights are civil rights regardless how different our persecutions. 

From a perspective of the smallest minority being "the individual"...one black man hung up in a tree no matter how many others sharing this tree with him ...IS... no different to...THAT...black man than Matthew Shepard's suffering was to Matthew himself. In both cases, neither was given a choice to live; nor the choice not to be born. 

 The only other choices left are HOMICIDE plus/minus SUICIDE or "GRANDMA with GROWN CHILDREN and MANY MORE... GRANDCHILDREN??? 

 So...what was the point of your point...I'm completely unable understanding: 
 "Well I think what matters is everyone should be given the right to choose to live." 

 Well this is a mighty fine thing to think for those who want to live??? 
 But... 
 IN OUR COUNTRY WITH ALL IT'S EXCEPTIONALISM...WE STILL HAVE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT???? 

 Even if not on death row trying to live... we have many confined to overcrowded jails and prisons no choice but to continue living until they get out...if not...IN... for...LIFE??? 

 And... this on top of America's history of slavery who most likely had been freed by President Lincoln two years before the war was even over only because the losses just suffered by the Union Army, although considered a major victory/turning point for the Northern half of this war, happened on Northern territory instead of Southern territory. 

It opened his eyes to something already known, 
(on record for us to know today
 but 
only by effort and not to be found 
until
someone cares enough to make that effort), 
if not known by President Lincoln himself , who the original source of this advice had been at the time; that to continue fighting this war on Southern soil, they had no chance of bringing the Southern States back into the Union without some help by others. 

 "Tubman soon met with General David Hunter, a strong supporter of abolition. He declared all of the "contrabands" in the Port Royal district free, and began gathering former slaves for a regiment of black soldiers. U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, however, was not prepared to enforce emancipation on the southern states, and reprimanded Hunter for his actions.

 ***

Tubman condemned Lincoln's response and his general unwillingness to consider ending slavery in the U.S., for both moral and practical reasons.

 "God won't let master Lincoln beat the South till he does the right thing," 
she said. 

Master Lincoln, he's a great man, and I am a poor negro; but the negro can tell master Lincoln how to save the money and the young men. He can do it by setting the negro free. Suppose that was an awful big snake down there, on the floor. He bite you. Folks all scared, because you die. You send for a doctor to cut the bite; but the snake, he rolled up there, and while the doctor doing it, he bite you again. The doctor dug out that bite; but while the doctor doing it, the snake, he spring up and bite you again; so he keep doing it, till you kill him. That's what master Lincoln ought to know.

*** 
And Harriet Tubman already knew this before this victorious battle( only because it was the Union's first battle won against the superior skills of General Lee) costing the highest number of lives lost both sides due to any one engagement. 

But wait a minute! 

This victory by the Union Army took place on Northern soil!!!!! 

Home court always has the advantage!!! 

 So ...
what did Harriet Tubman already know that Master Lincoln didn't??? 

 That like a racing horse or any pet for that matter, the spirits of the slaves had been broken and were living without consent. Ignorant (hence the law against teaching slaves to read) mostly too. Like a child's talent/ability to endure... it stems mostly due to ignorance of the alternatives. The same as my conscience can no longer allow me to continue making my living off pets without their consent, the South was making their living off the labor of the slave without their consent as well as unfair competition keeping the salary paid the labor force up North low without their consent as well. 

But who is it then living without the most consent??? 

 It works both ways actually. 

But once word gets around to the slave they would be freed only if the Union Army wins this war, (do you get it/Emancipation Proclamation wasn't worth anything but potty training a puppy until the North won the war first), automatically you have more men needed staying on the plantations back home maintaining order among the slaves/keeping them working/even if in ammunition factory arming the Southern Army than you have available fighting their own war to remain seceded from the Union. 

 And the net contribution of freeing the slaves to helping the North win this war is something more easily dismissive of than able proving. And she gets no credit for this; although some belatedly, for other efforts. All that matters to me, she knew this already, 

 "how to save the money and the young men," 

 and she should be given the honorary title of a "five star general," even posthumously the same as Jesus had been given his as that of the "THE MESSIAH." 

 That's right! Jesus was not illiterate. He could read. The foundations of his teaching can be traced to the teaching and writing by those preceding him. 

 As long as you keep thinking you are going to be rewarded in the afterlife for your suffering now; nor will the suffering let up any faster while W.A.S.P. continue getting forgiven for the very sin causing your suffering. 

Trust me. 

They already know this. At least those up higher in the hierarcy of the religious establishment. 

 So the point here "GRANDMA MOSES":
 with... 
all this "LOVE" of yours + your many, many grandchildren(EXTREMELY LARGE CARBON FOOTPRINT on track to OVERTAKE EVE'S?) + how this all got started remember (STRAIGHT and PROUD feeling you've been persecuted because of GAY BUT PROUD) = What's the point of me even trying if all that's going to happen is WASP being replaced by black evangelicals doing more or less the same thing if for the only reason making any sense to me is "NOW... IT'S... THEIR... TURN!"??? 

 And...
 it was you who first brought airplanes being piloted into tall buildings!

 My comment you apparently rejected posting up to your site ... WAS...completely fair/definitely something you needed to hear. 

 It's either "Total Grace/Not Christian Grace" or you just need to stop wasting our time and yours praying for others and start loving less. Or if you must continue doing it your way, "At least begin preparing yourself for a possibility of seventy-two angry... MUSLIM VIRGINS.... waiting to rip to pieces each and every one of you STUPID CHRISTIAN WOMEN apart FIRST everyday for all eternity before having to submissively concur with being FUCKED ALL NIGHT LONG by nineteen dead pilots HAVING PERPETUAL ERECTIONS soon to be arriving! 

 "One person trauma is another's loss of innocence." 

 You definitely were blind; but now you see whether you like it or not. 

Don't you lie it didn't makes sense. 

 But if must... 
"just gotta believe in something! JUST GOTTA!" 
like my disowned mother a grandmother of just three... 

 Well here is something that might actually renew your faith in God...maybe...maybe not: 

 "Manipulation and Deception eliminates the possibility of CON$ent." 

 This was a quote I found on the INTERNET while trying to post up to 
my blog...

www.twistedpurplecow.blogspot.com 

(have another one 

www.anattemptathumility.blogspot.com 

no longer post to)

...somehow with the help of "automatic suggestions" I accidently 
discovered 
"CON$ent"
 when trying to replace the "S" with "$" ...as well as...alternate definitions for both 
"CON" and "ent" 
and 
came to the realization both the bible and money are made of paper; our trees being the very source of what's supposed to be the purified air we breath. 

 Discovered this by accident.

 Now...combine this with the source of petroleum...fossil fuel and it's associated climate change; and we still have deniers there as well! 

 "In more ways than one we are living off the dead." 

Another one I accidently found while posting to my blog. 

 "GRANDMA MOSES"...
I'm not trying to hurt you; 
just trying to find a tough but reasonable person capable of understanding the difference
 between
 "TOUGH LOVE" and most definitely the "CHRISTIAN LOVE"  and "KIND". 

 If we are to "love our neighbors the same as Jesus loved us" then we must begin a genuine attempt finding a way enabling us thinking and acting as if this neighborhood of ours [even if this action has to be unilateral on our part being it is our half of the world with a surplus(WEALTH) of any kind making this possible as well as having no good excuse for ignorance (UNWORLDLINESS) over enlightenment (WE DON'T BELIEVE IN THE LIBERAL MEDIA this DIGITAL AGE)] extending halfway around the the world in all four directions to the same point located somewhere in the "INDIAN" ocean  (DOWN UNDER) to the west off the coast of Australia (ONCE A PENAL COLONY). 

 A true sign of intelligence is the ablitiy holding two conflicting abstract thoughts in one's mind at the same time. I think I've demostrated this pretty well even if you don't understand this. Rather than see me as having an "angry" spirit or energy; 
think of it as E=MC2. 


***

 Einstein was raised by secular Jewish parents.

 In his Autobiographical Notes, Einstein wrote that he had gradually lost his faith early in childhood: " . . I came—though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents—to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking coupled with the impression that youth is intentionally being deceived by the state through lies; it was a crushing impression. Mistrust of every kind of authority grew out of this experience, a skeptical attitude toward the convictions that were alive in any specific social environment—an attitude that has never again left me, even though, later on, it has been tempered by a better insight into the causal connections. It is quite clear to me that the religious paradise of youth, which was thus lost, was a first attempt to free myself from the chains of the 'merely personal,' from an existence dominated by wishes, hopes, and primitive feelings. Out yonder there was this huge world, which exists independently of us human beings and which stands before us like a great, eternal riddle, at least partially accessible to our inspection and thinking. The contemplation of this world beckoned as a liberation, and I soon noticed that many a man whom I had learned to esteem and to admire had found inner freedom and security in its pursuit. The mental grasp of this extra-personal world within the frame of our capabilities presented itself to my mind, half consciously, half unconsciously, as a supreme goal. Similarly motivated men of the present and of the past, as well as the insights they had achieved, were the friends who could not be lost. The road to this paradise was not as comfortable and alluring as the road to the religious paradise; but it has shown itself reliable, and I have never regretted having chosen it."

 Einstein expressed his skepticism regarding an anthropomorphic deity, often describing it as "naïve" and "childlike".

He stated, "It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly.

I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem—the most important of all human problems." 

 You believe in a God who plays dice, and I in complete law and order in a world which objectively exists, and which I in a wildly speculative way, am trying to capture. I firmly believe, but I hope that someone will discover a more realistic way, or rather a more tangible basis than it has been my lot to find. 

Even the great initial success of the quantum theory does not make me believe in the fundamental dice game, although I am well aware that some of our younger colleagues interpret this as a consequence of senility.

 Einstein's emphasis on 'belief' and how it connected with determinism was illustrated in a letter of condolence responding to news of the death of one of his lifelong friends.

Einstein wrote to the family: "Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That signifies nothing. For us believing physicists the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

With regard to Divine command theory, Einstein stated,

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own—a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms." "A God who rewards and punishes is inconceivable to him for the simple reason that a man's actions are determined by necessity, external and internal, so that in God's eyes he cannot be responsible, any more than an inanimate object is responsible for the motions it undergoes. Science has therefore been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hopes of reward after death. It is therefore easy to see why the churches have always fought science and persecuted its devotees." "a person who is religiously enlightened appears to me to be one who has, to the best of his ability, liberated himself from the fetters of his selfish desires and is preoccupied with thoughts, feelings and aspirations to which he clings because of their super-personal value. 

It seems to me that what is important is the force of this superpersonal content ... regardless of whether any attempt is made to unite this content with a Divine Being, for otherwise it would not be possible to count Buddha and Spinoza as religious personalities.

Accordingly a religious person is devout in the sense that he has no doubt of the significance of those super-personal objects and goals which neither require nor are capable of rational foundation ...

In this sense religion is the age-old endeavor of mankind to become clearly and completely conscious of these values and goals and constantly to strengthen and extend their effect.

 If one conceives of religion and science according to these definitions then a conflict between them appears impossible. For science can only ascertain what is, but not what should be... 

 An understanding of causality was fundamental to Einstein's ethical beliefs.

In Einstein's view,

 "the doctrine of a personal God interfering with natural events could never be refuted, in the real sense, by science," for religion can always take refuge in areas that science cannot yet explain. It was Einstein's belief that in the "struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope" and cultivate the "Good, the True, and the Beautiful in humanity itself." 

***

I know most of this language of science going over your head, but important not to be dismissive of all but the parts you like. The following is the most important part I want you to make extra effort understanding...

then compare to what follows of Benjamin Franklin: 

***

 Einstein was then asked to what extent he was influenced by Christianity.

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

Einstein was then asked if he accepted the historical existence of Jesus, to which he replied,

"Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

 He stressed however in a conversation with William Hermanns that,

"I seriously doubt that Jesus himself said that he was God, for he was too much a Jew to violate that great commandment: Hear O Israel, the Eternal is our God and He is one!' and not two or three."

 Einstein lamented,

"Sometimes I think it would have been better if Jesus had never lived. No name was so abused for the sake of power!"

Nevertheless, he also expressed his belief that

"if one purges the Judaism of the Prophets and Christianity as Jesus Christ taught it of all subsequent additions, especially those of the priests, one is left with a teaching which is capable of curing all the social ills of humanity."

***

 Now Benjamin Franklin: 

***

During Franklin's lifetime slaves were numerous in Philadelphia. In 1750, half the persons in Philadelphia who had established probate estates owned slaves. Dock workers in the city consisted of 15% slaves. Franklin owned as many as seven slaves, two males of whom worked in his household and his shop. Franklin posted paid ads for the sale of slaves and for the capture of runaway slaves and allowed the sale of slaves in his general store. Franklin profited from both the international and domestic slave trade, even criticizing slaves who had run off to join the British Army during the colonial wars of the 1740s and 1750s. Franklin, however, later became a "cautious abolitionist" and became an outspoken critic of landed gentry slavery.

 In 1758, Franklin advocated the opening of a school for the education of black slaves in Philadelphia. After returning from England in 1762, Franklin became more anti-slavery, in his view believing that the institution promoted black degradation rather than the idea blacks were inherently inferior.

By 1770, Franklin had freed his slaves and attacked the system of slavery and the international slave trade. Franklin, however, refused to publicly debate the issue of slavery at the 1787 Constitutional Convention. Similar to Thomas Jefferson, Franklin tended to take both sides of the issue of slavery, never fully divesting himself from the institution.

At one point, he wrote to Thomas Paine, criticizing his manuscript, The Age of Reason:

(Thomas Paine was a Deist the same as Franklin once was--who believe in a god that created the universe in the beginning but no longer with us today)

For without the Belief of a Providence that takes Cognizance of, guards and guides and may favour particular Persons, there is no Motive to Worship a Deity, to fear its Displeasure, or to pray for its Protection ... think how great a Proportion of Mankind consists of weak and ignorant Men and Women, and of inexperienc'd and inconsiderate Youth of both Sexes, who have need of the Motives of Religion to restrain them from Vice, to support their Virtue, and retain them in the Practice of it till it becomes habitual, which is the great Point for its Security; And perhaps you are indebted to her originally that is to your Religious Education, for the Habits of Virtue upon which you now justly value yourself. If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be if without it. 

 According to David Morgan, Franklin was a proponent of religion in general. He prayed to "Powerful Goodness" and referred to God as "the infinite". John Adams noted that Franklin was a mirror in which people saw their own religion: "The Catholics thought him almost a Catholic. The Church of England claimed him as one of them. The Presbyterians thought him half a Presbyterian, and the Friends believed him a wet Quaker." Whatever else Franklin was, concludes Morgan, "he was a true champion of generic religion." 

In a letter to Richard Price, Franklin stated that he believed that religion should support itself without help from the government, claiming,

"When a Religion is good, I conceive that it will support itself; and, when it cannot support itself, and God does not take care to support, so that its Professors are oblig'd to call for the help of the Civil Power, it is a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one." 

 In 1790, just about a month before he died, Franklin wrote a letter to Ezra Stiles, president of Yale University, who had asked him his views on religion:

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupt changes, and I have, with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to his divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and I think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble ..." 

****



So we have Franklin who never studied him and Einstein thinking it might have been better maybe had Jesus never lived...???  Yet such high esteem/regards for the man as Jesus of Nazareth without the need for a belief in God.

 And if you missed it, here it is again:

"You believe in a God who plays dice, and I in complete law and order in a world which objectively exists, and which I in a wildly speculative way, am trying to capture.
 ***
I firmly believe, but I hope that someone will discover a more realistic way, or rather a more tangible basis than it has been my lot to find.
***
Even the great initial success of the quantum theory does not make me believe in the fundamental dice game, although I am well aware that some of our younger colleagues interpret this as a consequence of senility."

~(888)~

Although my mother was a Wolfe, 
(think of the story how the Roman Empire came to be founded by two brothers nursed by a she-wolf and our first government by census),
 my mother's mother was a Franklin. 

Just recently, and only because I asked, I learned from my mother that my Uncle Arthur,
 one of two uncles whom I'm named after,
 knew of a little black boy killed just for playing with a little white girl.

 "Did he participate in this?" 
I asked.
 "No. Just heard about it," 
came her answer.

 "YES HE DID! HE DID! HE DID! HE DID! 
If he didn't report it to the police then he has no excuse to be exempted from any of the blame;
 nor do you!" 

 You know what kinda funny about all this... 

Down here in the South...
there are some who think I must be from up North.
And I had born and raised a Southerner all my life. 

Within the gay community here and up North, 
having lived only half of my life one so far,
there are some who refer to me as "SUICIDE JIM".
ONE DATE WITH ME and YOU just WANT TO KILL YOURSELF."

***


Airplane Plant


Christmas Cactus 


WORKING?


Hanging(?)Swinging
 











Sum 
of 
Brothers and Sisters







~(888)~





THE 
FLOWER KING




No comments: