MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Holy Saturday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




Holy Saturday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Holy Saturday (Latin: Sabbatum Sanctum) i.e. the Saturday of Holy Week, also known as the Great Sabbath, Black Saturday, or Easter Eve, and called "Joyous Saturday" or "the Saturday of Light" among the Copts, is the day after Good Friday. It is the day before Easter and the last day of Holy Week in which Christians prepare for Easter. It commemorates the day that Jesus Christ's body lay in the tomb.

Holy Saturday is sometimes referred to as Easter Saturday, though on the religious calendar this phrase is more correctly applied to the Saturday in Easter Week.

On this day, the Blessed Virgin Mary as Our Lady of Sorrows is assigned the title Our Lady of Solitude, referring to her solace and lonely emotional state associated with grievance and mourning.

All Masses are severely limited. No Mass at all appears in the normal liturgy for this day, although Mass can be said on Good Friday and on Holy Saturday for an extremely grave or solemn situation with a dispensation from the Vatican or the local bishop. Many of the churches of the Anglican Communion as well as Lutheran, Methodist, and some other Churches observe most of the same; however, their altars may be covered in black instead of being stripped.

Liturgically speaking, Holy Saturday lasts until 6pm or dusk, after which the Easter Vigil is celebrated, marking the official start of the Easter season.

In Eastern Orthodoxy this day, known as Holy and Great Saturday, is also called The Great Sabbath since it is on this day that Christ "rested" physically in the tomb. But it is also believed that it was on this day he performed in spirit the Harrowing of Hades and raised up to Paradise those who had been held captive there. In the Coptic, Ethiopian and Eritrean Orthodox Churches, this day is known as Joyous Saturday.

Just before the Gospel reading (Matthew 28:1-20) the hangings, altar cloths, and vestments are changed from black to white and the deacon performs a censing of the church. In the Greek tradition the clergy strew laurel leaves and flower petals all over the church to symbolize the shattered gates and broken chains of hell and Jesus' victory over death. While the liturgical atmosphere changes from sorrow to joy at this service, the Paschal greeting, "Christ is risen!" is not exchanged until after the Paschal Vigil later that night, and the faithful continue to fast. The reason for this is that the Divine Liturgy on Holy and Great Saturday represents the proclamation of Jesus' victory over death to those in Hades, but the Resurrection has not yet been announced to those on earth (this will take place during the Paschal Vigil).

Passiontide (in the Christian liturgical year) is a name for the last two weeks of Lent, beginning on the Fifth Sunday of Lent, long celebrated as Passion Sunday, and ending on Holy Saturday.

In the Roman Catholic Church, and in Anglo-Catholic churches, all crucifixes and images may be covered in veils (usually violet, the color of vestments in Lent) starting on Passion Sunday: "The practice of covering crosses and images in the church may be observed, if the episcopal conference decides. The crosses are to be covered until the end of the celebration of the Lord's passion on Good Friday. Statues and images are to remain covered until the beginning of the Easter Vigil." (Specifically, those veils are removed during the singing of the Gloria.) The veiling was associated with Passion Sunday's Gospel (John 8:46-59), in which Jesus "hid himself" from the people.

Much music has been written for Passiontide or rather for the last days of Holy Week. Passion cantatas have been composed to texts in a variety of languages, taking as their theme the hours or days before the Crucifixion of Christ. Many settings have been made of the Latin poem Stabat Mater, which describes Mary standing in front of the Cross watching her son die (the Feast of the Seven Dolours of the Blessed Virgin is observed on Friday in Passion Week), and the lessons from the Tenebrae service have been set by a variety of composers.

Several composers have also set to music the last words of Christ on the Cross, e.g. Joseph Haydn (Die sieben letzten Worte unseres Erlösers am Kreuze) and Heinrich Schütz (Die sieben Worte Jesu Christi am Kreuz).

Notice that there are special hymns for Palm Sunday, thus hymns for Passiontide may be squeezed out on that day (which is the last Sunday of Lent).
































POST SCRIPT
(CLICK READ MORE TO CONTINUE)

April 23rd, 2014 went down to DeKalb Central Records Section to get a copy of police report I filed April 12th, 2014 with DeKalb County Police because of four signs of mine stolen sometime early Friday evening April 11th, 2014.


Pissed me off seeing how Officer Allen listed these four signs stolen from my yard Friday evening as being only $5.00 value.

We had discussed the value of these signs the day these two officers showed up at my house the following Saturday afternoon; fairly quickly after I had call the DeKalb County Police stating that I wanted to file an incident report.

First, I told them that I considered myself a political activist;  information was what I needed to be effective.  If whoever took these signs would just bring them back for us to have a civil debate over these signs while I video recorded the discussion to be uploaded to my blog, I would not press charges.   Just wanting to know exactly what it was about my signs that offended them enough for them to remove these signs from my yard and what it was they thought were my opinions on the topics of those signs.  Explained to these two officers that three of those signs where in the form of a question; by themselves they imply nothing.  One does not know what point I'm trying to make until asking me.

Officer Allen very quickly said, "That's not going to happen!"

To which I replied, "What's making you so sure about this?  Police have anything to do with my signs going missing?"  Then I sort of laughed before adding, "I'm also well aware these could just be college kids having some fun and not really politically motivated."

This is when Officer Allen begins asking for the details to write up his incident report, and I couldn't help but notice he was having an attitude like this was something too trivial to be wasting his time with.  

"So...theft of political signs like these...what level of crime does this rise up to,"  I  asked.


"Theft of property less than $50.00...a misdemeanor," Officer Allen answers. 

"OH NO!  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  
Not after I've already been FINED $2000.00 getting my signs into compliance 
with 
DeKalb  County sign ordinances.  
I considered this a 
VIOLATION of my FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS 
to 
freedom of speech, freedom of expression.  
MAYBE EVEN A HATE CRIME!?"

At this point, I'm definitely getting more and more excited; agitated.  I can see why people think I'm bipolar.  But I kept going.  

"Not after having spent TWO AND A HALF WEEKS in Dekalb County Jail 
because of a restraining order I violated with an email not only 
NOTHING BUT WORDS but WORDS TO BE TRUE!
And that was FELONY STALKING, at first!"   

Other than strutting around, posing with his hand near his Tazer,  the other officer, the black officer had been quiet the whole time.  Becoming bored with Officer Allen; him being the only one doing all the talking so far,   I turned to face this black officer and started to work on him.

"Because of  the prejudice and bias I've faced being gay and atheist, I am able empathizing with the difficulties you have had to go through.  There is a reason I keep distant between me and my Conservative family in Arkansas.  They don't care HOW educated a black man is; he's STILL a NIGGER!"

Although Officer Allen was now making an effort trying to get them back in their squad car and leaving, he definitely was beginning to find my behavior amusing.  But this black officer didn't react at all to what he just heard me say.  He just stood his ground; didn't seem ready to leave yet? 

So,without skipping a beat, I continued.

"They also don't care how educated a gay man is either;  
HE STILL A FAGGOT!" 

THIS...
caused this black officer to break and lose his composure;  collapsing at the same time turning and facing away from me.

Then another police car arrives coming down the hill and pulls over to the curb in front of my house.  The three of us standing at the foot of my driveway, I'm able seeing this police car is driven by a lone female officer,

"Why is she here," I asked.  




No comments: