MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Google Doodle Honors Gumby Creator Art Clokey's 90th Birthday | News & Opinion | PCMag.com



Google Doodle Honors Gumby Creator Art Clokey's 90th Birthday News & Opinion PCMag.com: Google on Wednesday celebrated the 90th birthday of Gumby creator Art Clokey with an interactive stop motion homepage doodle featuring well-known characters from the Gumby series.

The doodle was created by Clokey Productions Premavision studios, led by animator Anthony Scott, who started his career in the 1980s on the Gumby series under Clokey. Nicole La Pointe-McKay, a Gumby lead puppet maker, modeled the characters for the doodle.
Wednesday also marks the official debut of the new Gumbyworld.com (above), which the studio said is "the most comprehensive look ever at the iconic green clay boy and all of the other characters in Art's limitless universe of imagination and artistic expression."
View Slideshow See all (7) slides




More
"The Google doodle is a perfect tribute to my father's work," Clokey's son Joe, creator of the new Gumby Web site, said in a statement. "Art's life and career were ahead of their time. My dad would have been thrilled to be connected with Google in this way."

***

Sure would be nice if Emory University would approach me first honoring both father and mother as the best god damn mother in the whole wide world as we shared our life with a man having learned no choice how to be the fairest of us all delivering babies small southern town
24/7

 realizing it costs just as much in black or white. 

Home of the Prescott Curley Wolves


Charles Densen Avery, M.D.

8


Betty Jo Wolfe, R.N.



David Densen Avery  -  Donna Gail "Avery" Devine
0
James Edward Avery, D.V.M.
(Unemployed)

"Unemployed!"
"Who Said I Was Unemployed?"
Maybe I Went Back to School?

 UNC


Jimmy Franklin Wolfe
"You Want Some Gum?"


Aunt Wanda and Aunt Louise
I have a feeling we're being recorded," 
as they both turn to me and flashed those beautiful smiles before I turned and ran to play for my mother what I just recorded on a brand new toy. Will never forget how quiet that room got as I had recorded quiet a bit.
Nor a clue what they heard until they heard Aunt Wanda.

"I have a feeling we're  being recorded."


Arthur Edward Wolfe


In Loving Memory of My Mother

On Learning She Would Give A Grown Man Up For Adoption Instead of Raise a Gay Son;

Refusing to Let Her Forget She Had Two Brothers With Equally Wonderful Wives Still Living Would Love an Invitation Having Questions Dying To Ask.

Maybe even Fishing but Deer hunting definitely out of the question. Sure we would all get a big laugh out of my first and only squirrel hunt. 

Not only had I given up looking for squirrels...
we had to double back and look for the gun.
Good thing started collecting plants....
Had I spotted a squirrel....
Might Have Blown Their Asses off Raising the Gun!

Know for a Fact That Gun Was Loaded Having 
Started Off Butch Enough With
 Every Intention of Killing a Squirrel...
 Learning Indirectly the Difference Between The Bonding of Men and the Devotions of Mothers to Their Children...
Especially Their Own Daughters.

A Son a Son Till he Gets him a Wife;
A daughter a daughter all  her life.

Said it to her once and will say it again..
"Yes mother, you do have a responsibility to me as your son.
But it's even more wrong for the city of Atlanta to agree with the 81 year old mother of a gay man  from rural America.
Most especially one set for the rest of her life; living comfortably till she joins her husband as well. 

"Got to believe in something.  Just got too!" 
~(mother)~
"Thought I was living because I had to."
~(mother)~

"No you don't!"
~me~
"I know for a fact there's a gun in that house!"
~me~
"Don't go blowing your brains out now!"
~me~
"That's still TAX evasion!"
~me~
"I've always joked, it was my job to spend down dad's gambling money."
~(mother)~

"I know mother!  Like I said...
Once found his gun hid on top of it too! 
First time I found it, it was hidden in my sleeping bag closet your side of bedroom.  In other words, had the burglar entered bedroom before dad reached the gun....
it was your job to scream to buy him more time."
~me~

LOL
This is just too funny. 
I'm ready to forgive and forget, but that's your call as we are not done yet.

"Although seven years older than me, she lost the civil war every time we watch it on t.v.!"
~me~

"She's a Southerner."
~(mother)~

"Mother! Weren't we all! In fact, y'all spent some time in Pennsylvania. I'm the only one completely born an raised here!"
~me~
LOL
How funny.

 Once dad got home from work it was war and westerns all he would watch as he ate and slept in his lazy boy until it time to turn in early. I know for a fact we both agree math is important. How sad I may be right, father may not have corrected that as mother just told me our maid even pressed my sister's wedding dress after just having been diagnosed with cancer. She was even the only negro at my sister's wedding as we sat together on a row by ourselves.

Yes. I must make up the difference. Believe I know just the right place to make a donation in memory of our maid L.B.'s along with two Southern White Women leaving just me and BOB till he deflates and crosses over to my side of the street.....

with or without his wife.


I do not fault her alone; just the two together.  It just too stupid how BoB fails to understand the difference between men of two households so long.

I have always been and will always be
 a Southern gentleman as L.B. even laughed when I used the "nigger" word; maybe even kissing her as we drove her back to the projects. Do not even remember why I said it.

Definitely remember kissing Mrs Garner...
a favorite math teacher who just happened to be black.

Even a young black man who made social studies fun;  remembering how his eyes lite up as I found the locations of countries on a map faster than the kid using the the map printed with their names;  me writing mine using chalk.

No comments: