MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Materialistic couples may have more relationship problems - latimes.com

Materialistic couples may have more relationship problems - latimes.com: "Couples where both spouses are materialistic were worse off on nearly every measure we looked at," said lead author Jason Carroll in a news release. Carroll, a professor of family life at Brigham Young University, added, "There is a pervasive pattern in the data of eroding communication, poor conflict resolution and low responsiveness to each other."

Having more money didn't necessarily make things better. Couples in which both spouses were materialistic tended to be wealthier than couples who didn't place such importance on money.

This may have implications for couples' counseling, the authors noted. "Efforts to develop new interventions aimed directly at addressing the problems associated with materialism in marriage," they wrote, "may be particularly relevant in the current economic context where financial resources may be lower than many couples' expectations."


****



Dear JIm Ed, I don't remember sending you anything about our 4th of July Lake trip!!! It was a nice trip even though we had nothing to ride and you were in the crisis center. Our jet ski was not ready and it had a more serious problem than we thougt and we had no way of getting in touch with anybody about you. Only Richard,Mother, Stephanie,Riley,Landon and I went. I pitched a big fit the Thursday before we left because I am so tierd of pulling toys to the lake that don't work!!!!! Landon sat on our jet ski all year with me telling him about how much fun he would have riding it but it didn't happen and the fireworks weren't going to be shot until Monday night and we all had to be home by then so we saw no fireworks at the lake and mother and i were worried about you, other than that I tried to show Landon a good time! WE did miss you and I longed for the old times when we all used to be there. Today, I am just getting home from Prescott. Landon and I went down yesterdy and spent the night with Ninny. I was babysitting Landon since Friday while Steph and Riley went to Hot Springs for their 5 year wedding anniversary. Richard was gone to Tunica. For lunch today, We (Steph,Riley,Dana,Jon,Richard,Landon,Mother and I) met at the Cracvker Barrel in Arkadelhia to Celebrate Mother's 81st birthday. I try to get Landon to see as much of his Great Grandmother as possible!! Of course, Nina and David didn't come to see us so poot on them. David did come and pick mother up to take her back to Prescott and say hi! he is spending the night in Prescott and going to work from there. Nina and David are taking her to the OutBack in Texarkana next weekend. I saw where you text messaged me today and i read them but I'm sorry to say I don't know how to text message back! I cannot bring Helen to HAtlanta. Mother and I want to come back and see you and put your house back together!!!!I We love you very much and I know you know that!!!I'm sorry that we aren,t doing what you want us to do to help you get better but I think what mother wrote you in her last letter is what you need to do! Please don't get mad!!!!!!!!Let us come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you I really do!!!! Your big sister Donna


--- On Sat, 7/16/11, James Avery wrote:





From: James Avery

Subject: Re:

To: "donna devine"

Date: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 11:00 PM


"You're not going to kill our family are you?"
~(sister)~



I'm glad y'all had a nice time at the lake.


"No Donna.  I was just trying to explain I could understand why someone would."
~me~

***

Mother had described a scene between my sister and her husband at the lake house.  Witnessed it myself between my niece and her father on a visit at my mother's house.  Now I'm a victim  of it myself, as I was only trying to explain how Head of Household applies to men in a modern world.

Even our mother fussed about Richard and the boys painting the house themselves, my sister wanting entertaining; a champhange brunch, the morning after my niece's wedding

Both mother and my sister just refuse to see the difference between Richard having bought that house or our father having bought it. 

If my sister wants toys that work, then she just needs to get a job.


***
I had already figured out:

Down at the bottom of the deep blue see,
How many fishes do you see
ah one, ah two, ah three!
What me and my sister both have in common.
How she does it I do not know.
That cat being how she does it.
Taking herself out of the picther.
Me left out hanging to dry.

The King has sent his daughters
to fetch a pail of water
Ashes, Ashes
they all fall down.

Like living in a big black hole.

Charcoal drawing in high school before even knowing I wanted to become a veterinarian.

 How Helen figured that one out, an arrangment in my sister's house;
using a picture of eldest niece's firstborn son.
Not only did she plan, 
both neice's wedding;
seems she's stepped in place of our dear mother, 
very close friend better than two distant relatives.
Constantly a reminder
   a distant relative;
through mothers from father's side of family.


Still can hear that tiger roar.
"GEAUX TIGERS!"

As well as
ARKANSAS'S 
"Woo Pig Sooie."

the·ri·o·ge·nol·o·gy  
[theer-ee-oh-juh-nol-uh-jee]
the branch of veterinary medicine encompassing all aspects of reproduction.

Razorback
 an Americanism, loosely applied to any type of feral pig or wild boar in North America.

***

Question for you:

If God made Man in his image,
why then is Jesus still such a lady's man;
 career women
believing
all men are pigs?

If women vets want to wear their pearls while tending sows, go right ahead. Same goes outside field of veterinary medicne. Nothing but string of grits to me.



As
C = DVM,
as well as realizing no future as a doctor of veterinary medicine clinical setting;
only one chance/opportunity at a career change:

political activism highlighting most especially the disconnect between doctors and their clients as well as between the weathly and the poor.

It's no longer about the pets anymore.

Passionate activism against, 
ZERO DEGREES OF EMPATHY


As well as take advantage of my connection
 to
ARKANSAS REPRESENTATIVE
5th District

My

DISTANCE COUSIN

BLUE DOG DEMOCRAT

MIKE "AVERY" ROSS

I want to invite him to Atlanta and give him a tour of what heath care has become in America; highlighting the disconnect through the eyes of a veterinarian having been through Dekalb Crisis Center twice and Georgia Regional Hospital trice; learning along the way just how unfair health care has become.

Even discontinued my health care insurance, trying to drive my point across.

I have found no one willing to step outside their comfortable settings to face the facts.

Like my mother:

"Jim! Lighten up! That's just the way the world is!"


James Edward Avery, D.V.M.:

"MOTHER!  Isn't the way they world is nothing more than the sum of all of us?  From my perspective, doing it you're way; I leave the world a worse place!"


And I'm gay.
Not sure why I even try.

I do believe alive,
Jesus to be a liberal.
That's all I need to know;
 my definition of liberal being:
honest, fair, and reasonable.


Now beginning to learn:
Once a bleeding heart liberal;
always a bleeding heart liberal.



Brother Charles Walthal:
"Why believe in God?"



James Edward Avery, D.V.M.:
"To make up the difference between what they didn't already know or did not understand."

He did not seem happy with my answer; nor give anyone else a chance to answer. As he didn't correct me, I'm believing I got it right.




Queen of the Desert/Prince of Darkness







No comments: