MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Can Veterinary Women Have It All? | Veterinary Team Brief


"Once we get there, 
do we stop aiming for success?"




"Betty!  
You... ARE... a good cook!  
But you're not that good... considering... that's all you do!"
~(SiSters)!


~(Living w/their Con$ent)~


Can Veterinary Women Have It All? | Veterinary Team Brief: Veterinary medicine is not only a career that demands educated, up-to-date, think-on-your-feet personalities—it is also work that is hard to leave at the workplace. Veterinarians think about that complicated case or try to solve that problem during the night and the next day, even when they are trying to leave the workplace mentally and physically.

As women, we aim up to achieve our degrees, establish ourselves in our profession, and do something we know we will love. Once we get there, do we stop aiming for success?

To most veterinary women, success means gaining clinical skills and growing a client following, owning a practice or at least having the option of ownership, getting involved in organized veterinary leadership, working toward achieving tenure or becoming a dean, or applying for a corporate promotion or a government job that should be filled by someone with veterinary qualifications but is instead filled by an MD.

***


This is weird.

~(Betty Jo Wolfe Avery, R.N.)~

My mother got her nursing degree from Charity Hospital in New Orleans.  
T
here are basically only three stories I can remember at the moment,
 those days of hers as a nurse;

  
stories 
she shared with me after I became a veterinarian, 
James E. Avery, D.V.M..   


"I shit.  I pee pee."

Woman who spoke only Cajun French.  Mother was trying to get a patient history/complaint form filled out; and this was the only English able getting from this woman.  And we both laughed.

So far... nothings wrong?


"They were always telling us, 
'if you don't know what you are doing,
go...
get the doctor!'"

Mother would always laugh when telling me this story.  An I thought it funny too.  Just assumed we both knew, nurses weren't trained up to the level of a doctor. 

"You didn't feel like you were ready to be a doctor, 
when 
you graduated...did you?"

And we both knew doctors didn't know everything, either: We shared our lives with one, as well as me now being one. 

"Didn't enjoy being a nurse.
Felt...
 I never had the confidence."
~(My Mother)~

Even after that night my second year veterinary school,  I continued sharing my life with her, 
as much as I could(?)without the gay parts: 
We had to have something to talk about all those phone calls... 
she 
continued insisting upon.

Over the years, met many(?)technician and even receptionist(?)who knew some veterinary medicine better than I did.
And I
certainly(?)didn'(?) mind(?)them(?)suggesting(?)better(?)way.

But there were times I just didn't have the time to even hear another way of doing the same thing.  

  
But,
they also need to understand,  
the doctor's
 the 
one(?)held(?) ultimately(?)responsible($)anything(?)goes($)wrong.  

And,
I suppose this is a good point to be fair...
everything that goes right.

I contiinued to learn veterinary medicine, even from them.

And years later, some of them came back to haunt me, now veterinarians themselves.

All women.  


If you are to be a gentleman,
As I suppose you'll be,
smile, For a tickling of the k
You'll neither laugh no
rnee.
I remember a story of her helping me with my homework.  
If you are to be a gentleman,
As I suppose you'll be,
You'll neither laugh nor smile,
For a tickling of the knee.



Do not recall any stories shared with me by my Father except for one. 

This one I overheard as he confided in my mother.  
The two of them were sitting at kitchen table; something very unusual as he never sits with us at that table. Prefers all his meals served to him in the den while watching mostly war movies; his favorite one seeming to be
 Bridge Over River Kwai.
Very unusual. 

And that's why I stopped nearby, having come bouncing into the kitchen  

He had just returned home from the hospital, having been called in on an emergency.   It was just some man who had died; Father called in, only, because they were needing someone pronouncing him dead. 

"Well! 
 If you are...going...to... kill... yourself;
that's the way to do it
;
Just put the gun in  your mouth."

Obviously, 
what remained of this man for other to see, made a lasting impression on my Father. 

As
 mother sat there quietly listening, me leaned up against her by now, wonder if he even realized what just happened?

He wasn't just my Father, he was also her husband; as well as our family doctor. 

And this is...WHAT... he's... STILL.. suggesting!
;
As head of household!

No wonder I didn't care to be in too big a rush getting married. 

***


"Treat them mean, keep them keen." 
(English proverb)



"Who can master his thirst can master his health" 
(Breton proverb)


"The ass went seeking for horns and lost his ears." 
(Arabic proverb)


"He who puts off something will lose it." 
(Corsican proverb)


***
swai = Asian catfish
swain
swami
sway 
Swazi
SWAK

***


Your First Name of: Kwai

Below is a brief analysis of the first name only

  • The first name of Kwai creates a shrewd, aggressive, business nature, intent on personal gain.
     
  • The desires for independence and financial success have been strong motivating forces from early in your life.
     
  • You are capable of logical and analytical thinking along practical business lines, and could excel in financial fields, law, or politics.
     
  • Your judgment is seldom swayed through your feelings.
     
  • You have definite executive and leadership abilities, however others may find you to be rather forceful and uncompromising.
     
  • More congenial business and personal relationships would result from being more tactful and more aware of the needs of others.
     
  • If you sacrifice too much for material ambition, there may result a lack of harmony and balance in your personal life.
     
  • Your health could suffer through ailments centring in the head.
     
  • Also, the generative organs could be affected.

No comments: