MADONNA) // (CHILD

MADONNA) // (CHILD
So Strong; yet so calm: Mary's Choice.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

ONE FELL OFF AND BUMPED HIS HEAD : GARY L. AVERY : ELDER ABUSE

What the hammer? what the chain? 
In what furnace was thy brain? 
What the anvil? what dread grasp 
Dare its deadly terrors clasp? 



When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee? 


Gary L. Avery

BRAZZEL/CORNISH FUNERAL HOME of PRESCOTT
Published Wednesday, May 17, 2000 in the Nevada County Picayune
Gary L. Avery, 56, of Prescott died Wednesday, May 10, 2000, at his home.
Mr. Avery was born January 8, 1944, in Hempstead County to Andrew and Ruth Lee Jones Avery. He was a former insurance underwriter and a member of Midway United Methodist Church in Prescott. He was preceded in death by his parents.
Survivors include his niece, Diane Robinson of Pine Bluff and his uncle, Doyle Jones of Camden.

Private graveside services were held Thursday, May 11, at Midway Cemetery near Prescott under the direction of Brazzel/Cornish Funeral Home of Prescott.


Rev. Alexander William Avery

Fifth Generation Arkansan
 same 
as 
Mike Avery Ross and Jim Ed Avery?


Find it interesting how the Avery's, at their annual reunion helded community center small town of Prescott, Arkansas where I grew up as a child, refer to Rev. Alexander Willian Avery as having crossed the Mississippi River to preach to the Indians. 

And they make it sound as if a proud accomplishment.  Someone should ask them how far one must go in order to see anything that looks like an Indian?  And this can be either in distance (miles) or back in time (generations)? 

Then point to his nine childrens; saying nothing else.

Just to see if they can figure out without any exta help...
the point being made here.

Michael Avery “Mike” Ross (born August 2, 1961) is an American politician and member of the Democratic Party who served as the U.S. Representative for Arkansas's 4th congressional district from 2001 to 2013.

Together with his wife, Holly, Ross owned and operated a small pharmacy in their ( not originally his ?) hometown of Prescott, Arkansas, which they sold in May 2007. Mike and Holly Ross have been married for 30 years, and they have two grown children. They are members of the Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church in Little Rock, where they now live.

He is a candidate for Governor of Arkansas in the 2014 election.


Anyway,
James Edward (Jim Ed) Avery (born January 14, 1962) is a Methodist Fag now wanting into the political arena known as a political catalyse having the moniker "Anti-Christ." 



 Lives alone in Decatur, Ga with two cats;
his home/neighborhood also located within the shadows of Emory University, a secular Methodist liberal arts and science campus.

 

***

Dear James:

Thank you for contacting me and sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding these important issues. It is great to hear from you.

I truly appreciate your comments regarding the Tea Party Movement. Please be assured that I will continue to monitor this issue and keep your thoughts in mind should I be called to vote on any related legislative initiatives in the U.S. House of Representatives.

My parents raised me in a Methodist church, and now my wife and I are doing the same with our children. I am a proponent of having God involved in our daily lives in order to remind us of our values, principles, and the ability to treat those around us with respect. This country was built upon the religious principles of its founders and these principles must remain the basis for our American way of life.

Over the years, my faith and the values I learned from my parents and church have served me well in facing life's challenges. Please know that as a fifth generation Arkansan, I will continue to represent the Christian values in WashingtonI was raised on and still believe in strongly today.

I look forward to our continued dialogue as we discuss ideas and strategies that will strengthen and help our communities meet the challenges of the future.

Thank you again for contacting me and please do not hesitate to contact me again in my Washington, D.C. or district office most convenient to you if I can be of further assistance.
  
Sincerely, 

Mike Ross

***

Hey Mike,

Read a little of your website. Thought some clarification might be in order. Probably sounded like just another "crazies" with my parallels. I have a habit of collecting quotes that explain better my understanding of the world and the business of politics.

“The existence of a world without God seems to me less absurd than the presence of a God, existing in all his perfection, creating an imperfect man in order to make him run the risk of Hell.”

He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong.


Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.

In dark ages people are best guided by religion, as in a pitch-black night a blind man is the best guide; he knows the roads and paths better than a man who can see. When daylight comes, however, it is foolish to use blind, old men as guides.

tragic vision of humankind, which “believes in the existence of inherent limitations and flaws in the way we think and act and requires an acknowledgement of this fact as a basis for any individual and collective action.”

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so"

The essence of immorality is the tendency to make an exception of myself. ~Jane Addams

Quality of a good leader is one who is able to disappoint his own people at a rate they can absorb

Taxation is man's punishment for not building a civilized society.

gaffe in politics is when someone accidentally tells the truth.


Quality of a good leader is one who is able to disappoint his own people at a rate they can absorb.


You campaign from black and white; you govern from grey.

Ted Kennedy’s political and human desires:

That human beings be measured not by what they cannot do but by what they can do. That quality health care becomes a fundamental right and not a privilege. That the old politics of race and gender die away. That newcomers be accepted, no matter their color or place of birth. That the nation stand united against violence, hate and war. And, in echo of his famous words, that the work begins anew, the hope arises anew, and the dream lives on.


As I try to discuss the issues with people I work with, I'm learning the hard way the difference between a bleeding heart liberal and a true blue democrat. If it's not his problem, one has to have enough money in the bank, enough of a good life, to speak up for the less fortunate. Doesn't mean he wants to know or meet them. He just knows of them. It pits one against family and friends. Whatever flaws one might have, it gets amplified and used against them. Think Bill Clinton vs John Edwards. The other one doesn't live long enough to vote, loses his right to vote, no longer voting, or ends up dead. Think Baby Grace, felons, victims of homicide, lack of healthcare, dying during childbirth.




A truly virtuous man would come to the aid of a stranger equally as he would a close friend; then again, a truly virtuous man would have no friend.

I'm beginning to see BLUE DOG DEMOCRATS in the same light as LOG CABIN REPUBLICANS (wealthy +/- rascist); voting self interest than with their heart. I can understand your vote on the health care issue from a politician's point of view as related to getting elected. You know I'm atheist because I told you so; but how am I to know you really are a true Christian? A license won't stop someone from being a reckless driver; but it would be nice to see someone having to pass a test before claiming to be a Christian.

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason has no moral worth.


Whether the topic be WAR AND PEACE, HEAVEN AND HELL, BLACK OR WHITE, MALE OR FEMALE, HETEROSEXUAL OR HOMOSEXUAL, RICH OR POOR, RIGHT OR WRONG, SAINT OR SINNER; there has to be a common interest before there is a conflict, something different before there is an advantage. Just take 1 to reason, 2 to disagree, 3 to vote. Morales is not something that you vote on; it's our lack of morales that leads to voting to begin with.

It's been my observation that Evil always wins unless Good is very, very careful.--(Star trek).

I've come to believe there is no such thing as a truly virtuous man. That Jesus didn't die for our sins; he lived by example. I'm beginning to see most Americans no differently than the crowd that voted his fate.

What a wasted crucifixion.





From: Congressman Mike Ross ross
@mail.house.gov>


To: jeaverydvm87@att.net


Sent: Sat, April 17, 2010 9:36:27 PM


Subject: Re: Your Message


Thank you for contacting my office via email. I hope to respond in more detail to you soon, but in the meantime, I wanted you to know that I have received your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch, and please write again soon!

If you need immediate assistance, please contact my office at 1-800-223-2220. 

Mike Ross

Member of Congress

4th District of Arkansas



***
Supplemental Reading:

 
***

"They come into the store all the time. 
Actually kinda cute,  
how always tightly locked arm in arm as if still childhood sweethearts. If you didn't(?)know any better, would of thought one was trying to hold the other up."
~(Jim Ed)~

"Well, would you keep an eye out for them when coming into the store?  Letting us know when noticing anything suspicious?"
~(My Mother)~

"Sure. 
But what am I looking for that's anything more than what's already making you suspicious?"
~(Jim Ed)~
 
Oh how so tragic a Methodist story. 
And you would be surprised how little the story telling liberties taking, 
when saying,

"And they still had plenty grocreries left over,
if
even all put away yet?"

Mike Ross was just a high schooler like myself when this tragedy happened.  Although attending Hope High School while I attended Prescott High School, I'm sure he knows this story well...
being 
we're both second cousins with Gary L. Avery.

Interesting...
me also working a job sacking groceries at Liberty Value Mart located...
directly 
acrossed the street
from
The First United Methodist Church of Prescott, Arkansas.

That was my church until leaving home for college;
 then him moving into that church...
claiming it as his?

Wonder which church(?)him and his(?)parents using until then?

My mother thought Midway Methodist Church?




But here is where my problems lies:

"Bias can be real as well as pernicious 
without 
being legally actionable."

The altogether other kind ...
ELDERS ABUSE.

There has to be a common interest before there is a conflict, something different before there is an advantage. Just takes 1 to reason, 2 to disagree, 3 to vote/concur. Morales are not something you vote on; it's the lack of morales that leads to voting/concurring to begin with. 

I've come to believe there is no such thing as a truly virtuous man. That Jesus didn't die for our sins; he lived by example. And, I'm beginning to see most Americans, including the Garys, no differently than the crowd that voted his fate. 

If you've paid close attention , as well as with an open mind,  my problems with the Gary's since that unfaithful Thanksgiving  of 2010, they never gave me a fair chance discussing/negotiating that email outlining "contacts and boundaries." 

And their use of deception within this email and the concurring since is ...NOT...consent!

Then there is our problem of Janet Gary's entrapment with the use of your usual "CHRISTIAN" verbiage "CRAP" much earlier email exchange between me and her about the beginnings of my first blog, 
BARREL of MONKEYS: GENESIS in REVERSE.  



Far as I'm concerned...
 both of them,
guilty no less a mortal sin than Gary Avery's.

"If there is such a place as heaven;
no doubt in my mind both will...
 BURN IN HELL!"

Do not get me wrong...
I'm still an ATHEIST who's just also happens to be a METHODIST FAG as well.

"And,
Jesus loves me still,
 this I know...
FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO!"

If you also take the time noticing the reply to Bob and Janet's email concurring together with their deceptions,  you will see I've managed swallowing my pride and ego, grovelling, as I've had to over and over and over all my life since coming out of the closet a gay man as well as an atheist;  take my word for it, a reason giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

"Where there is no penance,
there
can be no forgiveness."


Well that there is my penance.

Where
the 
GOD DAMN FUCK 
is
my 
FORGIVING?!
(oneself and others) 

Did G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD not
share this reply email from me with his wife?

Does wife of G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD understand this to make
 her 
an accessory to whatever sins and/or crimes her husband is guilty even if not aware of this reply email?

Is wife of G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD aware
both
Bob, ThD and Jim Ed, DVM 
are professionals,
having
the rights choosing their clients; put another way,  refusing service?

Is G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD aware both his now apparenly loyal wife and their neighbor Jim Ed knew he was still Bob, MDiv
although
Bob thinks ThD?

How does a neighbor such as me approach a man of his statue, when only out of respect to Janet as wife of Bob, MDiv, did I begin addressing her husband Bob as Dr. Gary in the first place; on my own initiative once told retired from Candler School of Theology?

But how about the rights of G. Robert Gary, Sr. MDiv refusing helping someone who came uncertain he wanted to be asking for help from G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD; instead, unwelcome the whole one hour and fifteen minutes alone in their home with both the wife of G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD and the wife of G. Robert Gary, Sr. MDiv? 

What's the difference?

How does this difference reflect on other professions by association, most especially any degrees associated with Candler School of Theology, as our feud plays out living in the shadows of Emory University;  Emory wrongly thinking they haven't
 been drawn into this feud, part of a conspiracy? 

As a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link,  that would be my story with Janet, as the wife of Bob, MDiv,  I'm hanging on to for dear life. She is my life insurance. 

I have no health insurance at the moment when seeing no point in paying the premium, until someone caring enough to break rank with perniciousness and prevarications concurring with me;
my God
being
"Truth be God: Universal One Instead"
as well as 
believing Jesus the man alive
to be a 
"True Blue Bleeding Heart Liberal"
the
only way he knew 
HOW
for his time.

Anything less than that will not be concurring with me.

I am a Methodist son by many Methodist women; 
although still just... 
"One Pearl"
 once 
belonging to "just" one woman.




If only people knew what an especially observant child,
because of a  hearing impairment himself,
might see within the home of other Methodist families he stayed
as 
his mother and father traveled
between
Prescott, Arkansas and St. Louis, Missouri
visiting

an 
older brother by 5 years, David, during his three years
at 
The Central Institute for the deaf. 

Supplemental Reading:

AMAZING "GRACE" HOPPER vs. PROFESSION QUACK ! BOB

***



"You're not as nice as you used to be!"
~(My Mother)~

AN INNOCENCE LOST


"A child is nothing more than a blank page upon which everyone leaves their mark."
~(Chinese Proverb)~

Jim Ed, you honor me to share yourself and your writing in this way. I feel a bit daunted by your trust in me. We really don't know each other that well. Salty language doesn't bother me in the least. I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. I have experienced that a lot of my life, but am better thanks to some good meds and good therapy! I have learned to accept myself more, "fleas and all."

I have read your blogs and found them quite interesting, a bit diaturbing, and mysterious. At the risk of being one of those "fools (who) rush in where angels fear to tread" I am going to respond to several parts of your writing, blog by blog.


1) Barrell of Monkeys: "Genesis" in reverse"


I'm not sure I understand this one completely except maybe to say the humans can evolve in reverse as well as forward from our ape beginnings Just my humble opinion!

You gave an example of how painful it is to share yourself with people at work who don't share your political views. The question is, does it really change anyone's mind when people have such opposite views? Isn't there something in the Bible about not casting one's pearls among swine?

It has been my experience that some people can hear my deepest musings and others cannot. I try to be selective, but I often find my mouth preceding my head! That does not usually turn out well. Only when I find someone who is open to differences can I really hear and be heard.

2) Pale Blue Dot


Carl Sagan is a wise man.

3) An Innocence lost.


Is that culte little boy you?


We mothers have to be taught by our sons and daughters who they really are, since we often see our children as projections of ourselves and try to make them into who we wish we could be. This is not fair to either one. I am trying now to really show my grown children who I am and get to know who they really are. It is a daunting task, but very rewarding!

4) "H" is for.....


In the alphabet, G comes before H--


Gratitude
Goodness
Giving
Growing
GOD


...and F comes before G


Forgiving (oneself and others)


HUMILITY is, indeed hard to come by.


POSTNOTE:


It is my belief that although each of us is unique--different from anyone else in the world--we are, as human beings, more alike that different--we all bleed, cry, laugh, hate, love, and need other people to hear and understand us. It is my life-long mission to try to see myself and others as God the Creator intended us to be, to judge less and to love more. I fall short more than not, but maintain hope.


Janet


***
I'm sorry for the pain I caused you. It was not my intention. I do not deny having personal problems. Was actually reaching out for some help.

Again, I apoligize for barging into your home and upsetting Janet. I do not own a gun or plan to.

jim ed

''The physicists say that I am a mathematician, and the mathematicians say that I am a physicist,'' he said. ''I am a completely isolated man and though everybody knows me, there are very few people who really know me.''









From: "ggary@emory.edu" <ggary@emory.edu>

To: jimedavery@att.net
Cc: "jgary@emory.edu" <jgary@emory.edu>

Sent: Sat, November 27, 2010 1:33:55 PM

Subject: Contact and Boundaries


Hello Jim Ed,

You must know that in the future, there will be clear boundaries for making contact with Janet and me, especially Janet. This is not to say there will be no further contacts with us, but it must be under a number of conditions.

Janet wanted to add her word before we set the conditions together. Here is her note to you:

Jim Ed,

I was more than a little disturbed by your visit on Wednesday. In the spirit of neighborliness and the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, I opened our house to you, even though I felt s bit uncomfortable doing so, especially in Bob?s absence.

We ironed out what you perceived to be a rejection on my part.

When you wanted to share the symbols that are meaningful to you, I was interested, although having a hard time ?getting it? in the way you told it to me. No input from me seemed to even get through to you, or matter at all.

I was very disturbed when you talked of your depression, thinking about getting your gun, and when you told me you are the ?Anti-Christ? and a ?crack-head? I began to be somewhat afraid of you and wished I had not opened my door to you.

When I told you I needed medications and even that didn?t stop your monologue, I said it again and began to leave the room. At that point you did thank me for listening and left, saying you would leave your stuff so you could come back. You either didn?t hear me or didn?t pay attention when I said, ?No, take them with you.?

Bob and I both feel we and our space were violated, and Bob has drawn up some conditions under which we may all co-exist as neighbors. I concur with what he has written below. Janet


The Conditions:

1. There can be no further non-negotiated visits on your part with either or both of us.
2. We are not available to participte in your theological doctrines
which you presented to Janet for more than one hour and fifteen minutes. You failed to leave our house until the second time Janet indicated she needed a break for medicines. You may not know that Janet has Parkinson's and extended stressful events activate her symptoms. Furthermore, Janet needed to take her
medicines and tried to bring your theological discourse to a close,
but you continued. Furthermore, you left your basket of possessions in
our house in order that you would have assurance of returning to our
house. That is far too presumptuous for us.

3. You do not have permission to enter our property or phone our house
unless you can abide by these limits.

4. We do not listen to religious talk from anyone, let alone invite
them into our home. We do not do that with you. We share our faith
with people who ask questions of us and our religious convictions. You
had no questions for Janet, only pressing her to agree with your
doctrine.


G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD

No comments: